You can help! Join our "family" of volunteers...
The Health Services Center, serving a population of 55 or so residents from the greater community as well as Pilgrim Place, offers many opportunities for volunteer assistance that compliment the services provided by the Center’s nursing and support staff. The hours provided by volunteers enhances the services provided for residents in many ways. The caring concern of volunteers for the residents at the Health Services Center who require medical and custodial care is exemplary.
Who can volunteer? Anyone 18 years or older who wants to share a little time with our frail seniors.
When? Seven days a week 9:00 am to 12 noon & 3:30 to 5:00 pm
How? Apply in person at the Administration Building, 625 Mayflower Rd., Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4: 00 pm.
We need energetic volunteers to help in the following areas:
1. Staffing reception desk & nurses station
2. Becoming a “caring companion” to an individual resident
3. Conversing in small groups
4. Assisting with recreational activities
5. Planning and leading a special event
6. Teaching a craft, art class, gardening
7. Assisting & visiting during meal time
8. Sharing stories & reminiscing
9. Leading a sing-along
10. Playing a musical instrument
11. Dancing (or creative movement)
12. Escorting residents to campus events
13. Discussing current events
14. Helping to write letters